The Dairy @ Cavan, Kangaroo Valley, Stunning Views
30 Cavan Road, Barrengarry
2022 Award Winner - Highest Performing - 1 Bedroom.
2022 Award Winner - Best Couples Retreat.
This converted dairy is the ideal choice for a couple looking to take a holiday in complete isolation, far away from busy highways with no neighbours except the cows.
Every morning you can make a cuppa in the modern kitchen with kangaroos hopping past through the field, and sit outside in the fresh air gazing at the trees, rolling hills and green mountains in the near distance. You can stretch your legs by wandering the 175-acre property or take a short stroll to Kangaroo Valley Pie Shop for a snack.
In the evenings you’ll be cosy inside with the spacious rain-head shower and combustion fireplace with a plentiful supply of chopped logs and kindling, and you can cook a romantic meal on the induction cooktop or the bbq outside. There are dozens of DVDs to choose from to cosy up on the couch and watch on the TV, or you can light a candle and put on some music to spend some quality time just enjoying the view.
The township of Kangaroo Valley is just a few minutes drive away with quaint shops, a candy store and a friendly pub to while away the hours. You’ll spend your leisurely days in each other’s company at The Dairy, happily disconnected from the outside world, enjoying all the beauty of nature with the luxuries of modern comforts.
- The spa bath does not work - there is only a regular bath.
- The property does not allow children or infants as it is not child friendly and has open water on the property. this is a one bedroom couples retreat.
- A small amount from every booking is donated to local charities — a booking with Professional Holiday Homes supports local communities.
- A card surcharge is levied on each payment. It's important to note that since this fee is associated with the bank, it won't be reimbursed in the event of cancellation.
- We supply a number of basic pantry items at each property. We are, however, unable to guarantee the availability of all pantry items. 3 toilet rolls are supplied per bathroom. You may wish to bring additional supplies with you.
- Please note that firewood is only supplied from May to September.
- Air conditioning: The property has air conditioning in the living area, dining area, and bedroom.
- We welcome responsible guests that will not cause disturbance to our neighbours.
- After booking you must sign a rental agreement. Please contact us prior to booking if you'd like to view a copy. A pre-authorisation will be held on your debit / credit card from 7 days prior to your arrival until 3 days after check out.
- No schoolies, parties, bucks or hens groups are permitted.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-433
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Utensils
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linen
- Books (Children's)
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Central Heating
- Child Friendly
- Coffee, Tea, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Sauces
- Cooking Utensils
- Dedicated Parking Space
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Cutlery
- DVD Player
- Extra pillows
- Extra Pillows & Blankets
- Free Parking
- Fridge / Freezer
- Fully Modernized
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Water
- Ironing Board
- Laptop Friendly Workspace
- Linen & towels
- Outdoor Lounge
- Pantry Items
- Pots & Pans
- Private Entrance
- Shower Gel
- Sitting Area
- Smoke detector
- Washing Machine
Lovely stayHelen F - 18th June 2023
Very relaxing stay at the dairy, incredible views and gorgeous bath. Would stay again.
Picturesque settingBenjamin G - 10th June 2023
Absolutely amazing place to stay and very well managed property. Gorgeous views from the outdoor area and great location that is tranquil and quiet.
Stunning LocationPaul H - 29th April 2023
Aesthetically renovated, spacious and very conveniently located with a stunning aspect of the Escarpment.
Excellent locationGlen V - 11th April 2023
Loved the location and all the amenities. Great lighting throughout. Very romantic. Only negative was the cobwebs on the ceiling and beams.
Stunning Views from beautifully appointed cabinGary H - 18th October 2022
The Dairy is wonderful! Plenty of room in the kitchen and living area, a comfortable bed, slow combustion fire and a superb view.
Stunning View and Cosy CottageMary T - 5th May 2022
Wow what a view. We sat outside on the patio to watch the sunset and the sky darken to the beautiful stars at night. It was truely magical. The cottage is really cute, immaculate in side and the pantry is stocked with the essentials.
Relaxing StayGrace F - 19th October 2021
Beautiful cottage for a couples getaway. Cosy and relaxing, would recommend.