Ginger’s – Pet Friendly – 4 Min Walk to Beach
32 Queen Mary Street, Callala Beach
2022 Award Winner - Highest Performing - 5 Bedroom
This modern architectural design is spacious and beautiful, and designed to keep the heat out in the middle of summer while letting you open up the windows and enjoy the beautiful coastal air.
Gingers’ clever design accommodates multiple families with kids, with a studio separate from the main building containing three beds, a kitchenette and small bathroom, plus a TV, gaming console and bookshelf full of kids books. A smaller family in the group can enjoy a bit of privacy, or the noisiest kids can be given their own space to hang out apart from the adults.
Start your day with an espresso on the outdoor breakfast bar and enjoy the sounds of birds in the towering trees that hug the backyard. In the near-constant beautiful weather in the Shoalhaven, you can enjoy meals on the outdoor dining table, with lunch prepared in the massive modern indoor kitchen and cooked on the BBQ outside.
Cool off inside in the air conditioning and watch Netflix on the couches in one of several living areas with TVs and gaming consoles, or battle it out over board games on the indoor dining table. Burn off some energy outside playing table tennis next to the carport or running around with your pets in the fully-fenced backyard, or grab some towels and walk just a few streets over to Callala Beach and enjoy the waves and white sands of Jervis Bay, rinsing off the sand in the outdoor shower or the three separate indoor showers when you return.
Remember to bring marshmallows, because in the evenings you’ll be gathering around the firepit under the best view of the milky way you’ve ever seen. Enjoy late nights staying up talking around a crackling fire, and long days exploring everything that the Shoalhaven has to offer. The owners recommend checking Pelican Rocks Café (voted the best fish and chips in NSW) and Mr Nobody’s Gelato, and Jervis Bay has endless coastlines to enjoy.
The options are limitless no matter how you prefer to holiday, and Gingers will be your home away from home as you explore one of the most stunning locales in the country.
- A small amount from every is booking donated to local charities — a booking with Professional Holiday Homes supports local communities.
- A card surcharge is levied on each payment. It's important to note that since this fee is associated with the bank, it won't be reimbursed in the event of cancellation.
- Bedroom 3 is a (2) Tri Bunk (1 x Double below and 1 x Single on top)
- We supply a number of basic pantry items at each property. We are, however, unable to guarantee the availability of all pantry items. 3 toilet rolls are supplied per bathroom. You may wish to bring additional supplies with you.
- Fencing: The property is fully fenced
- Air conditioning: The property has air conditioning in the living area, dining area and 2 bedrooms.
- We use smart home technology to improve your experience. NoiseAware is a smart home device that measures volume levels throughout the property (it does not record speech) and allows us to respond to noise issues. NoiseAware is 100% privacy compliant and is required on this property. If you have any questions, please ask.
- This is a families only property and only permits a combination of adults and kids up to the maximum capacity. No groups of adults are permitted unless an intergenerational family group.
- We welcome responsible guests that will not cause disturbance to our neighbours.
- For our pet friendly properties, pets are welcome inside but not on furniture or beds (please bring a blanket).
- After booking you must sign a rental agreement. Please contact us prior to booking if you'd like to view a copy. A pre-authorisation will be held on your debit / credit card from 7 days prior to your arrival until 3 days after check out.
- No schoolies, parties, bucks or hens groups are permitted.
- We reserve the right to request photographic proof of id such as driver’s license or passport.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-5881
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Utensils
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linen
- Bluetooth Speaker (Portable)
- Board Games
- Books (Children's)
- Central Heating
- Child Friendly
- Children's Book and Toys
- Children's Dinnerware
- Cleaning products
- Clothing Storage
- Coffee Machine
- Coffee, Tea, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Sauces
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Cutlery
- DVD Player
- En-suite Bathroom
- Extra pillows
- Extra Pillows & Blankets
- Fan (Pedestal)
- Fire Pit
- Free Parking
- Fridge / Freezer
- Fully Fenced
- Fully Modernized
- Games Console
- Hair Dryer
- High Chair
- Hot Water
- Ironing Board
- Laptop Friendly Workspace
- Linen & towels
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Outdoor Shower
- Pantry Items
- Pet Friendly
- Pots & Pans
- Private Entrance
- Shower Gel
- Sitting Area
- Smoke detector
- Toilet Paper
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
Great place for a family holidayTricia M - 23rd May 2023
Great home well suited to an extended family. Great open plan kitchen and living area. Easy access to beach and outdoor shower with hot water great for the crazies swimming in winter to clean off the sand. Also wonderful for having the dogs there too. Really clean and well provided with essentials. Would go again
Happy house for family reunionKatie P - 9th May 2023
A lovely house to stay in with extended family. Beautiful beach close by, fenced yard ideal for small children and dogs with bush land at the rear of the property.
Only good things to say about Gingers!Louise R - 17th April 2023
Amazing house for large family group...clean, spacious....close to beach, great yard...fire pit so good! Thank you.
Would recommendKristy D - 2nd January 2023
I had an enjoyable stay at Gingers. My guests and I especially liked the openess of the living spaces that could comfortably accommodate our large group of 11. Close proximity to the beach was a huge plus. Amenities were clean. Instructions to check in was simple and easy to follow. Good communication with professional holiday homes who answered my questions promptly.
Ginger’s House CallalaLynne W - 18th August 2022
Great home for large family holidays. Plenty of space that caters for all ages. Really appreciated the toy cupboard! Very professional management of the booking. Would definitely consider returning to this property.
Family GetawayMary M - 9th August 2022
Gingers was an amazing house for My Husband, 3 daughters, my Son-in-law, my Grandson and myself to stay at. Huge house, which is promising for us to use again in the future, knowing that my family will grow even more. This had a lovely open living area for my Grandson to work on his walking skills and it was very child friendly, My daughter had her own privacy in the granny flat and the yard was perfect for her dog. A very short walk to the beautiful beach. Loved the relaxation of our stay.
Wonderful spacious accommodationKate C - 20th April 2022
The accommodation was clean, comfortable and spacious. Great to have access to a fire pit and beach toys in the shed. We stayed with extended family and there was plenty of room for everyone to sit around the dinner table and utilise the kitchen together. Great to have two living areas in the main house so two groups can watch different shows or play different games. Location is quiet and walking distance to beach.
Amazing propertyDiana S - 2nd March 2022
We enjoyed our stay in this property. The house was fully equipped, clean and cozy Will def. come back!
Highly recommended place to stayMerriam A - 26th February 2022
The accommodation is very nice and open. A lot of space (both indoor and outdoor) to do your own activity or do something as a group. House is close to the beach and the area is quiet. Communication is very prompt and clear.
Nice and clean propertyJan W - 1st January 2022
The property is spacious and clean. It is well equipped. We enjoyed the stays!
Home away from HomeLaura B - 29th December 2021
We stayed at Ginger's over Xmas & had a great time! The kitchen is epic for entertaining. The kids were kept busy with all the toys at the property. The house was well stocked with the essentials (olive oil, spices, etc), we loved having the fire pit in the back and used that most nights. Great location as well being so close to the beach - really a 4 min walk. The granny flat out the back was perfect as well for couples enjoying a bit more space alone.
Highly recommend for large familiesZara T - 23rd November 2021
I booked this place for a family getaway and it was perfect, everything was provided. The house was well presented and clean, which made us all comfortable during the stay. Genuinely can’t fault anything about our stay, the kitchen was so spacious especially for 12 guests, it was nice to be able to fit onto the dining table. The hosts were great at communication, definitely will be back.
Fantastic Home and a Great StayJonathon W - 12th November 2021
We had a great stay at Gingers property is very modern and well equipped and a nice easy walk to the beach with the benefit of a bush outlook to the rear. Highly recommend for a great holiday home.